Thursday, December 20, 2012

Layering: Tartan on Tartan

Now that I am back from a trip to Macau. It is time for me to post my latest look of the day! This outfit is what I was wearing on my first day in Macau. Temperature in Macau is lower than Thailand. So, I get to utilize my layering skills. After all, layering is all about mixing pattern and textures. The key is to keep us comfy and warm while looking pleasant. I was layering 2 not too thick tartan shirts in different fabric and colour, navy blue on top of the red tartan shirt, and tucking in the red shirt into a skirt. Just to ensure that my outfits will keep me warm all day and night long, I was opting for a blazer (I can take off the outer layer when the temperature rises) with this most comfy Aldo lace up boots that I can walk in them all day without hurting my feet.

Do you like the idea of tartan on tartan? Let me know your thoughts in the comment box!

 
 


 
 
 

B's Outfits
Sunglass: ASOS
Blazer: K-first
Red Tartan Shirt: Zalora
Navy Green Tartan Shirt: Korea
Necklace: Platinum Fashion Mall
Skirt: Style Above (Platinum Fashion Mall)
Boots: Aldo
Bag:  Cambridge Satchel




Layering tips 
  • Thicker or heavier piece as an outer layer and thinner or lighter piece as an inner layer.
  • Alter the texture of the fabric everytime you add a piece of clothing (ex: Cotton with denim and tweed)
  • Play with different length of fabric 

xx

B' Style Voyage

2 comments:

  1. Bi this is really f##king good! Your best look yet!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! I am glad u love it!!

    ReplyDelete